Moshpit Promotions is an independent entrepreneurial and exciting music publicity agency. We are engaged in the music promotion, copywrighting, marketing and management businesses. We are looking for a media savvy individual with at least 1-2 years of experience working with media outlets including print, digital, radio and TV.
• Oversee artists’ progress and taking advantage of every potential opportunity.
• Maintain strong relationship with international and regional press outlets, influential websites and blogs, lifestyle brands, music companies, advertising agencies and other appropriate contacts in the digital and radio sphere.
• Set up interviews and other features between artists and press; write press releases and email blasts; write artist biographies.
• Manage tour publicity campaigns.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in public relations, media relations and/or journalism.
• Very strong writing skills (writing samplers required).
• Excellent verbal skills.
• Strong knowledge of the PR field including experience in media relations, press campaign development and execution of creative, strategic and well-thought communication plans.
• Interest in and knowledge of Rock, Punk, Metal, Alternative and Experimental music and subculture.
• Solid relationships with press outlets including: monthly teen/tween magazines, weeklies, consumer press, trades, online, blogs and business media.
• Strong team player.
• Strategic thinker able to take initiative and follow through on projects.
• Willingness and availability to work evenings and Saturdays.
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume with references to ryan [at] moshpitpromotions . com